Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The nuts and bolts of card making


What reminds me of my husband and in particular his pickup truck? One of the new cuttlebug folders.... The diamond plate reminds me of tool boxes in the bed of an old pick up truck... stocked with essential farm repair items.... Something else that reminds me of the farm is an ATV.... I combined both of these elements in my latest card. I tried to achieve a somewhat masculine but fun card. The brads are made to look like screws. The die of the ATV came from the Cricut Going Places cartridge. The diamond pattern is done on heavy duty aluminum foil which was attached to cardstock prior to embossing. This made it much sturdier and easy to attach... Have a fun and safe summer!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...