Tuesday, September 15, 2009

From My Kitchen



I love anything old... good thing... because I am old! LOL... I remember as a child my mother had a white painted hoosier cabinet. It had belonged to my grandmother. It had a graniteware pull out board for making bread. We made many homemade biscuits there. My mother on the other hand says she hates anything old. She jokingly says she grew up with old stuff and doesn't want it in her house now! Sometime in the 80's that precious cabinet went to the landfill. I was only a teen and did not understand the "heritage" I was losing. There is a danger in placing value in wordly possessions. However, the connection to our heritage is truly priceless. I can no longer run my hands over the cool granite where my grandmother made countless loaves of bread. When I saw this cartridge I knew I wanted to honor a simpler time, when we knew who our neighbors were. Folks sat on their front porch and watched the world go by or shot the breeze with a friend... Makes me want to slow down and say hello to those I love and value! Enjoy!

Materials List

Cardstock - Bazzill - Black, Red, Cobalt Blue, Green, Tan, Brown
Paper - K & Co. Life's Journey Black Gingham
Ionic Ticket Punch
Sentiment - Unknown
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black - (sentiment)
Paint - Making Memories Scrapbook Colors - Spotlight (speckled with toothbrush on
coffee pot)
Pop Dots - raise coffee pot, apple and rolling pin
Cricut cuts - A Child's Year and From My Kitchen

2 comments:

Emily S said...

The kettle totally reminds me of one my grandma had for camping. Great job :)

*BJ* said...

Very Nice card...

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...