Saturday, July 10, 2010

My Old Kentucky Home



I am so glad that "staycations" are all the rage. I love to travel but the last few years have found me longing to stay closer to home. This is a sure sign I am getting older and wiser, right? I have lived in the Commonwealth of Kentucky all of my life and as it usually goes I have failed to appreciate the beauty in my own back door. Dear hubby and I decided to take a little road trip today to Bardstown, Kentucky. While there we took in Federal Hill, the home of Judge Rowan. It is here that their cousin and house guest, Stephen Foster is believed to have penned the song "My Old Kentucky Home." This is our state song. Interestingly enough, he also penned the Florida state song, "Swannee River." (Hope I have that spelled correctly...) It was interesting to step back into a era gone by. I think I can get used to these staycations... Now on to important card business...



Card Recipe

Cardstock - 5 X 7 - White, Purple - Bazzill
Cardstock - Image - Bazzill Simply Smooth
Pattern Paper - DCWV - Latte Purple Floral
Image - SCACD - Elisabeth Bell - Emma
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Markers - Copic
Punch - Martha Stewart
Ribbon - Unknown - Michaels
Sakura Jelly Roll Pen - Clear Star - Highlight Emma's belt



I've tried to include a closeup of Emma's capris and shirt. To achieve this textured look I saturated a terry washcloth with Copic Colorless Blender Solution and daubed the image after coloring. This resist technique seemed to wash the color away in the pattern of the terry cloth. This also works well with items you want to look like denim. Just rip up an old pair of jeans and keep some patches around to use! A great way to be green and recycle! Hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful and I love EB's images! Your DP with the matching bow is gorgeous, I love it!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...