Thursday, August 12, 2010

Faux Marble Card and Puppy Pic!



Drum roll, please! I have puppy photos! Bear with me as today's post is fairly long. I wanted to cover the technique I used to create this card plus post some cute fluffer photos!

Have you ever created a card that sort of happened? I really did not set out to make a sympathy card but after creating the marble look paper it seemed a natural fit. So here goes!

Marble Paper

Inkssentials - Glossy Paper
Memento Reinkers - Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black
Tim Holtz Adirondak Alcohol Ink Mixatives Silver
Tim Holtz Ink Applicator
Rubbing Alcohol
Cotton Balls



I cut the glossy cardstock into a 5 X 7 sheet. I was unsure starting out what size I would need plus this gives me a little room to trim off any imperfect edges. First I applied a light coat in swirling motions of Desert Sand and let dry. Then I added a few drops of Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black to a new felt pad and applied in patting motions. Once the paper was covered I varied the motions, swirls, feather strokes, etc to get the look I wanted. Then I applied the silver mixative (daubing it on) with a new felt pad. Finally I saturated some cotton balls with rubbing alcohol and daubed the paper, particularly where the silver was to give it a sort of veining. Easy, huh?

After it dried thoroughly I was ready to use it in a card!



The marble paper came out a nice shade of gray and silver so I decided to dig in my paper stash and see what I had. I came across a piece of discontinued paper that I purchased for 10 cents! Gotta love that!

Card Recipe

5 X 7 Inches

Cardstock - Black and White - Georgia Pacific
Pattern Paper - The Paper Studio - Silver Wedding Ornate (who says you can't use wedding paper for other projects?)
Punch - Martha Stewart - Punch Around the Page - Modern Garland
Stamp - Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Series 1
Ink - Scripture - Memento Tuxedo Black
Ribbon - unknown - Satin Black
Pop Dots
Adhesive - Herma Dotto
Corner Rounder

A fun note on the ribbon -

I ran the ribbon through and secured it behind the sentiment intending to tie a bow. When I ran the ribbon under to tie it, I realized the area was so "tight" that the ribbon took on the look of a bow-tie. So I just trimmed the ribbon and left it as is! A wonderfully happy accident... if there is such a thing!



Now on to important stuff... I have attached a photo below of a few of the new fluffers. They are 2 days old! We can only keep half of the litter in with Mama at a time as Saints are such big dogs they can sometimes crush one of their babies. :-( So all is well here with the new additions. As you can tell by their little bellies the Morgan buffet feeds well! Until next time and as always thanks for looking, reading and giving me feedback! God Bless!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Love the card and the puppies are so cute!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a beautiful card!! Love the colors and how you framed the verse!!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...