Monday, March 14, 2011

Faux Leather - Part 2




This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to show you a card created with faux leather for the ODBDSLC. Today's card was also created with that challenge in mind. But this technique for faux leather uses an ordinary paper bag! That's right, a paper bag! In this case I used a lunch sack I had lying around to create the area my image was stamped on.

Here's how...

1. Cut the paper bag into a size easy to work with (remove bottom, sides, etc)

2. Lightly mist with a water bottle (I use a Ranger Mini Mister)

3. Crumple the bag into a tight ball. Take out your frustrations! :-)

4. Gently open up bag and flatten to dry.

5. After drying, age it... I used Distress Ink by Ranger in Vintage Photo

6. I stamped my image from the ODBD set, Anchor on the faux leather.

7. Heat set your image.

8. Lightly coat the bag/image with Mod Podge.

9. Dry thoroughly.

10. Add additional ink for more vibrant distressing and cut as desired!

Try this technique! You will love it! Thanks for popping in!

Blessings

Lori
Saintsrule!


Card Recipe

Card Stock - Bazzill
Designer Paper - Bo Bunny - Chocolate Dot
Brown Paper Lunch Bag
Ranger Mini Mister
Stamps - ODBD Anchor
Ink - Image - Memento Rich Cocoa
Ink - Distressing - Ranger Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Mod Podge
Chalk (for edging of die cut pieces) - ColorBox - Chestnut Roan
Die - Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels Seventeen
Jute
Faux Stitching - Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...