Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blessed is the Nation

I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! We have been battling high wind and rain the last few days. Nothing like our neighbors to the south, however! My prayers are with those affected in the deep south by the rash of spring tornados and high winds.

Today I have a "hybrid" card for you. In this example I used stamps from two companies. As many of you know from some of my previous posts, I love anything red, white and blue. My home is awash with both colors. I come by it honestly. Both sides of my family have a record of patriotic service. I have at least one direct ancestor in each war in American history with one exception... the Spanish - American War... My father's family settled Kentucky many years ago on a Revolutionary War land grant that was given to one of his direct ancestors in return for his wartime service. My father served in the Marines during the Korean Conflict (Semper Fi).... Dad passed on 15 years ago this May. And it seems like this time of year brings back fond memories of him. He loved his country as much as his only daughter does. And I feel certain he would appreciate the sentiment expressed by this card. Blessings to you this Lord's day!

Lori



Recipe

Paper - Bazzill, DCWV Nantucket Paper Stack
Stamps - Cornish Heritage Farms - Thomas Kinkaide - Hometown Pride; Our Daily Bread Designs - In God We Trust
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black (image), Paris Dusk (sentiment)
Colored Pencils (field of blue and red stripes on flag)

And here's a photo of dear ole Dad... circa 1952...

2 comments:

Tam said...

What a great pic!
Very nice card, I like the image on it.

Chris said...

Thanks for sharing the photo of your Dad. My Dad served in the Marines, too! Dad taught all 8 of us the Marine's fight song when we were kids. I can remember traveling to our Grandparent's home and all of us singing that song at the top of our lungs! My Dad died this past December. What an honor it was to have him for a Dad!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...