Thursday, April 28, 2011

For Mother

Mother's Day is rapidly approaching! It is hard to believe that May is almost here. Wow, this year is truly flying by! This year I want to do something really "special" for Mom. No matter what I make she always raves about it! Funny... she raved about my lopsided coloring I brought home in Kindergarten. My mother always appreciates gifts from the heart and that is why I wanted to do something a little unusual this year. Today's card is dimensional... and will require an extra large envelope.



I created the fan by cutting 3 strips of 2 X 12 inch designer paper. I then scored them at 1/4" intervals carefully folding each (gable style). I then adhered each strip end to end. I then used scor-tape to adhere the final two ends together. I then glued the fan to a piece of card stock. I used a hot glue gun to accomplish this so there would be little movement. To cover the center I cut images from the Cricut Paper Lace cart and added them to the top. The ribbon I used is actually seam binding by Stampin' Up (thanks again Barb!) which I bunched up tightly overnight to give that "wrinkled" look. Thanks as always for reading. I look forward to sharing some more creations with you in the coming days!

Blessings

Lori

Recipe

Paper - Bazzill, K & Company Blossomwood Paper Pad
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Mother's Day, Bird Border & Corner
Ink - Versamark
Embossing Powder - Stampendous Pearlustre - Sapphire
Fiber - Seam Binding - Stampin' Up
Die Cuts - Paper Lace by Cricut; Fancy Tags by Spellbinders Nestabilities

2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello my sweet friend, Lori!! Girl, this is so beautiful. I love that awesome center you've created here and the seam binding....so pretty all scrunched up....love that stuff! Hope you and your family have a blessed weekend!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Lori - Your MUM is going to LOVE this card - for a very LONG time - it is divine! I love everything about it - the soft feminine feel, the colours - it is all wonderful! Love it! Thank you for playing along with the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...