Sunday, May 15, 2011

God's Wonders

Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a wonderful day! Things are a little dreary here... more rain... but have had a wonderful day nonetheless. Our step-son is home from Liberty and we are looking forward to spending some quality time together this summer! My husband has put together a to-do list. Maybe I should tell Michael to run while he can... :-)

I have to share a quirky story. It seems like I look at things in such unusual ways... ***I can hear you laughing*** So here goes... (and I promise there is a card at the end of this tail...) Pun intended!

Yesterday, Mom and I ran into town to do some light shopping. After running here and yon, we stopped to get a bite to eat and then headed home. The exit from the shopping center intersects with a major highway. Mom and I were patiently waiting in line (maybe 3 cars back) to exit when the light turned green.

During the wait I found my eyes wandering around. I caught a faint movement in front of me near the pavement. When I looked at the source of the motion I found myself staring at the tiniest mouse... sitting four inches from the tire of the SUV in front of me. He wasn't hurt... just puzzled and wondering what to do and how in the world he got there...

Now this is where it gets crazy! Let me preface this by saying when the occasional mouse makes it into my house in the fall... it usually ends badly... I DO NOT LIKE MICE RUNNING LAPS IN MY CABINETS....

So here I am with this tiny mouse underneath a SUV in front of me... Well the light turns green and the SUV takes off. The little mouse ran frantically, realized he was running toward the wheel and then turned around and STOPS... right in front of me. OK... I drive a Toyota RAV4... so mouse against Toyota... the odds were in my favor...

So to the amusement of my Mother and the chagrin of the bewildered SUV driver in front of me, I stop! But that is not what annoyed the driver in front of me. It was the fact I proceeded to honk my horn. Keep in mind, I did this to make the mouse move. Needless to say the driver of said SUV was not amused. They probably talked the entire ride home about the crazy, rude lady driving the Toyota behind them...

By now the little beast was even more confused, stopped several times and then decided, "hey I better move!" And he scampered over to the grass. Thankfully there was no one behind me to witness this spectacle but my Mother chuckled all the way home. She also delighted in reminding me about the mouse traps I set last autumn to get rid of similar little vermin.

So why did I do such a crazy, impulsive thing? I really don't know for sure. I do know that I saw the panic in his actions and realized I have been that way a time or two in my own life. I have been so frightened by things happening to me that I have nearly been paralyzed by it. I didn't know what to do and ONLY with the Lord's intervention did I make it through. After taking some time to think about it, I believe I felt mercy on that little mouse because our Lord has shown mercy to me on more than one occasion. The next time I see someone in trouble I will think of that mouse and pray I respond as I did yesterday. Blessings to you!

Lori
Saintsrule!

Today's card...

I lightly distressed the embossed area. The cardstock I used has a white core. I also wove a thin strip of black satin ribbon in the lace I used. The lace was a $2 score in the bargain bin of my local discount store! Love that!



Card Recipe

Paper - Colorbok
Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Porch
Ink - Versamark (sentiment), Memento Tuxedo Black (image)
Embossing Powder - Ranger Superfine Detail Black
Paper Punch - EK Success
Embossing Folder - Provocraft Plum Blossoms
Fiber - Satin Ribbon - unknown; Offray Labrynth Lace White
Pearl Brad - Recollections

4 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Lori, girl, this is over the TOP gorgeous!! I love the elegant look of B/W....absolutely beautiful!! Hope all is well! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kelley said...

Lori, I so enjoy reading your posts! They enlighten me so much! Oh, and your card is so pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Lori, I so enjoyed reading your post about the mouse. I too, get freaked out by mice. You are so right, there are many times when we are backed up into a corner and on He can rescue us. What an enlightening post and gorgeous card!! I just love your black and white design!! Gorgeous gf!
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

I love your story, and I like how you related to life...really makes me think about my reactions...thank you for that!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...