Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sparkle and Pearls



I have always heard that every lady should have a nice string of pearls. They seem to be the iconic fashion accessory. And I believe this notion to be true in the crafting world! It seems like every card I create and/or admire has pearls on it! And today's card is no different.

The designer paper is a beautiful print from K & Co. I used my craft knife to cut around some of the petals and leaves and then popped them up with dimensional foam. The bow is a "faux bow" I created and glued to the base. And peeking out below you see one pearl! Why go overboard with too much of a good thing, right?

Continued prayers to all of those dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Irene this week. There are millions of prayers all over the world going up for you!

Be sure to visit Our Daily Bread Designs tomorrow as they will be kicking off a new month! And that means new stamps, a blog hop and PRIZES! Blessings to all...

Card Stock - Colorbok; Designer Paper - K & Company Susan Winget Spring Blossom; Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs Anchor; Ink - CTMH Garden Green; Punch - Martha Stewart; Satin Ribbon, Pearls

2 comments:

Tam said...

Pretty, pretty!!

I have 2 sets of pearls - triple strands. One came from hubby's grandmother's house after she died and my MIL gave me her set she had gotten from her ex (hubby's dad). I don't find much opportunity to wear them. Maybe I should just wear them with a t-shirt or whatever anyway. LOL They're both the same color - which is a yellowish color - so don't quite go with anything.

Silke Ledlow said...

Lori, this is sooooo neat and beautiful! Love the 3D look of the flowers and of course all the sparkle :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...