Friday, September 16, 2011

Grateful to be back...

Happy Friday! Today will be a catch up day at the Ulrich household. I am off work today and getting ready for John's youngest, Michael to arrive later today for the weekend. Can't wait to catch up with what has been happening at school!

As you may have noticed, I have been painfully quiet the last few days. And this fact is due to the issue I shared last post (a broken Cuttlebug...) I ordered from a major online company (and no, I will not name them) and my item arrived 8 business days after I placed the order. By this time I was quite frantic (exactly why my posts have been few and far between...) So Wednesday night I opened the box and proceeded to assemble my new Big Shot. But why wouldn't it assemble??? I watched You tube video after video and it seemed so simple... But yet, I couldn't do it... So dear hubs came home to a panicked look and quickly took control. After 30 minutes of tweaking and repeated analysis of the instruction book he finally concluded that the gears were not meeting and thus my Big Shot was a Big Flop.... AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!

So I contacted major internet sales company. They would be happy to overnight me a new Big Shot but ONLY after the broken one arrived in their office!!! Considering it took 8 days to get to me... (And did I mention it could take up to 4 weeks to get a refund?) Funny... they debited my checking the DAY I ORDERED....

So dear hubs called every store in a 70 mile radius from our home to find a Big Shot. Bad news... they no longer carried them... So he did a great deal of research (having a RETIRED hubs is grand....) and promptly found me a Big Kick for 50% off at Michaels!!!! He told them to hold it for me and drove 64 miles (one way) to pick it up!! GOD BLESS THIS MAN!!!!

I shared my horror experience with the Michael's CSR (I think his name was Lyle). He promptly said "let's open this one and make sure it meets your expectations!" This sweet young man took it out of the box, assembled it right there and made this customer VERY happy!!!! Thank you to the folks at Michael's on Hamburg in Lexington, Kentucky! You guys rock!!!! In this day and time it is so refreshing to find those in retail who go the extra mile! And big hugs to the best hubs in the world! Blessings...

Now on to today's card....



Today's card features several Stampin' Up products. Talk about going the extra mile... If you don't have a Stampin' Up contact might I suggest Barb Gornick. You will find her site here. I met Barb several years ago when I was a regular on the Cricut MB. She has some awesome ribbon and paper shares! I have been blessed with so many wonderful new friends through this hobby! Barb is a jewel!

Card Details

Paper - Bazzill, Neenah, Stampin' Up; Stamps - Stampin' Up - Always Thankful; Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics; Embossing Folder - Stampin' Up; Die - Cheery Lynn Designs - Italian Flourish; Ribbon, Scor-Pal

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

another beautiful card, lori!! i'm so sorry you had a problem with your big shot! but so glad to hear that michaels really stepped up and were so helpful... LOVE your new background... super cute!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Lori, I am so happy that you are back in business :D I know you were not happy about your CB blowing up on you. Your hubby is a keeper for sure.....what a great deal at 50% off and all put together for you too. That is awesome! Your card is absolutely breathtaking my friend! Love that doily die...that is one I don't have. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Snowmanlover said...

Oh you are so sweet! I got on to tell you about how pretty your card was and then saw my name. Thank you so much!
Also I would have sold you the big shot at 20% off ! That is a one time thing I would discount and give customer service with it. So glad you got one! Now you can use some really neat dies with it. Enjoy!!

Tam said...

Love the card!
What a pain about the machine! :( So disappointing.

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...