Sunday, September 4, 2011

Zip It Up!



Recently I spotted a rose on a scrapbook layout. After taking a closer look I realized it was a zipper! So the wheels started turning... **And yes, that creaking noise comes from my brain**... I purchased a zipper at a discount store and separated it into two parts. I did not realize until after the fact you can purchase zipper binding at craft stores. Since the nearest one is over an hour away, this little baby had to do! I then used a circle punch to cut out a card stock base. I then wrapped the zipper to form a rose using a hot glue gun. I tried Scor-tape originally but the zipper was not pliable enough and did not hold. Hot glue works MUCH better! Now I'm thinking about all sorts of places I can zip it up! Blessings...

Paper - Bazzill, Stampin' Up; Stamps - ODBD - The Good Seed; Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa; Zipper; Pearls; Pearl Brad; Sewing Machine; Ric Rac

Challenge

MOJO206 Sketch Round or Square?

4 comments:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty card. Love your zipper flower.

Tam said...

Nice job!
If you have a WM, check their sewing section. BTW - I save zippers from packaging that blankets, sheets, and curtains come in.

Rosemary said...

your zipper flower is so pretty... gorgeous card!!

Sarah T. Arra said...

I love this card. Might be one of my favorites yet!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...