Saturday, January 28, 2012

ODBDSLC94 - Love Recipe

Happy Saturday All!! I hope you are all having a great weekend!! Today I am popping in to share this week's Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge!!

This Week’s Challenge-

Use items that remind you of Valentine’s including the word Love or Loves, hearts, lace and the colors red, white, pink and white, or both (must be more than minimal..make these colors the main colors!!!)

To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for the prize must be submitted by Friday, February 3rd at 8 a.m. EST. One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. If you are not using ODBD stamps, please do not enter more than once. Additional entries without using ODBD stamps will not be commented on or will they qualify for prizes.

While it is not required to use Our Daily Bread Designs images and sentiments on your creations, we would love to see them if you have them. As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing 1 to 2 creations to spotlight for our Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Friday, February 3rd at 8 a.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword is ODBDSLC94. When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to our challenge.

Now on to my take for the challenge:



I love red and white! This is a go to combo for me! I selected some a fun flourish by Cheery Lynn Designs (available at Our Daily Bread Designs) to accent my two heart dies (also CLD). I used a fun paper by K & Company that looks like a newspaper print. I also embossed the top red panel with a fun print. I love those conversation hearts but hate the taste! lol...

I want to say a special good bye today. Our fabbo guest designer, Wanda Cullen, will be finishing her guest term this month. Wanda is a wonderfully gifted and sweet crafter! I will miss you so!!!

Thanks for stopping in and until next time...

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs - God's Love
Paper: Bazzil, K & Company Life's Journey
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Paper Punch, Mulberry Rose, Dies - Two of Hearts (CLD), Fanciful Flourish (CLD), Pearl Flourish - Zva


For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit my Sister Sticks:

Chris Olsen
Jan Marie Ennenga
Debi Southard
Jan Keen
Lori Ulrich-Me!
Kathy Roney
Rosemary Dennis
Sabrina Jackson
Wanda Cullen

To see all the creations in one place or join the challenge, click here.
We hope you can join the challenge! We look forward to seeing your creations!!

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!!

Additional Challenges

Cheery Lynn Designs #12 Dry Embossing

Crazy 4 Challenges #121 Layer It On

15 comments:

Emily said...

Love your card Lori. I'm with you on the conversation hearts,, but sweattarts have some that are awesome if you like sweattarts.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how gorgeous Lori!! I just love the red and white with the heart background, the lacey hearts, and your flourish detail!! Stunning!! Gorgeous take on the Love Recipe.

Praying for you and your husband in your recent loss Lori. Sending you big hugs and lots of prayers.
hugs,
Chris

Have a good weekend!!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Lori, Love your card, those die hearts, (are to die for..lol) Just so beautiful, and love the hearts EF, and all your elements!! hugs

Sabrina Jackson said...

Lori, my friend, I don't know how you do it, but have been cranking out some of the most amazing creations! I absolutely LOVE this one with those gorgeous heart doilies and the flourish draping and framing the hearts and the sentiment...beautiful! Have a blessed weekend! Hugs, Sabrina

Unknown said...

So pretty Lori. I love the hearts and the embossed background paper.

Wanda Cullen said...

Lori, your card is gorgeous and you know I love those dies because you "made" me "need" them - lol! I think of you whenever I use them! :-) Thanks for your sweet comments...it's been a real blessing getting to know you gals better! Hope your w/e is good...I know it's a tough time for your family and will be praying for you!

Sandie said...

Thanks for participating in this weeks challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs Lori, lovely card.

Rosemary said...

what a stunning card, lori!! i love the conversation heart embossed background and all the wonderful details that you added!! hugs!!

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous, Lori! Beautiful layout with the flourish and hearts! I really, really want that heart die! Cute embossing on the red paper, and I love the shape of the sentiment! Blessings! Kathy

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love the hearts and all your embellies. TFS

Betty Wright said...

Lori, this is so beautifully dainty! Love that! Love the hearts which I so need and I have never seen that conversational hearts embossing folder. Love it! Beautifully done! I am totally LOVEing all the LOVE! ChaChing!

Jan Marie said...

Lori, this is such a strikingly beautiful card. . .love the layers and the textures. . .and all of the sweet, sweet details, like the embossed hearts background and the flourishes!!

Grace said...

Oh Lori... this is just luscious!!! LOVE the heart dies! Seriously want to get them!!! LOL! Love your layout and design!!!

Sending hugs and prayers,
Grace

shulsart said...

Lori, this is a gorgeous card, wonderful design. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

Clare said...

Beautiful! I love your work!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...