Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter Card

It amazes me that Good Friday is already here! It seems like a few days ago we were celebrating the Christmas season!  Time seems to go so much faster than when I was a child. 

Speaking of being a child, isn't it interesting how your perspective of things changes as you age?  As a youngster I never understood the term "Good Friday." Naturally I knew that this was the day set aside to mark Jesus' crucifixion and death but I struggled with how something so vile could be called "good." It was only as a young woman that I began to appreciate the term. As Christians we know that you can never be good enough to remove our separation through God. For we are sinners from birth and God cannot be in the presence of sin. And the Bible clearly states "the wages of sin are death." A sinner receives an automatic death sentence. But even though we are sinners God loves us and does not want to be apart from us.  In fact he values that relationship so much that he made a way for us. 
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

John 3:16

It is through his shed blood that we may stand blameless in front of God.  What a wonderful gift that is.  It just has to be accepted and that my friends makes it a very Good Friday indeed...

Blessings...

Lori


Supplies

Stamps - Close to My Heart - Eastertime
Paper - Bazzill, Echo Park - Country Drive
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Close to My Heart - Sunflower, Cotton Candy
Misc. - Martha Stewart Crafts Punch - Icicles (turned upside down for grass)

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

beautiful Easter card, lori!! have a wonderful Resurrection day! hugs!!

Cards By Jan said...

Love the bright Cheery Colours, beautifully portrayed!! Hugs

Unknown said...

The card is cute, but your comment touched my heart...thank you for sharing that as well.
darlene

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...