Tuesday, May 29, 2012

CP167 ~ Commit to the Lord

I hope everyone States side had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! What a blessing to be able to live in a free country! That freedom has come at a terrible cost for many. And it is this time of year that reminds me just how precious a gift that is. For those of you who have served your country in either our military, National Guard, Police, Fire or First Responders, God Bless You! Your service means so very much! I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

It is that devotion and commitment to service which brings to mind the focal scripture of today's card....


I had a chance to try a new technique for me. I created my own Washi Tape. I ran some tissue paper through my Xyron and then cut it down into 1 inch strips. I layered three of these strips under the sentiment panel for interest. It is a little tricky to get the tissue paper off the backing but it can be done. It just takes a great deal of patience. :-)

Today's card is based on the following sketch challenge at Card Patterns...


Thanks for visiting today and have a wonderful day with friends and family!

Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Collection 5
Paper - Colorbok
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Misc. - Mulberry Roses, Recollections - Jet Flourish, Corner Rounder


Challenges

Card Patterns 167 - Sketch

2 comments:

Rae said...

Your card is very nice. Especially love how you made a folcal of your sentiment. Lovely!

Tam said...

Nice! Fun to make your own with stamps, too, on white tissue!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...