Wednesday, May 30, 2012

RS13, TLC379, A Sneaky Peeky AND Life in Your Years

I can hardly believe Wednesday is here! Wow, has this week flown by! Friday will be release day at Our Daily Bread Designs. Kelley & Company have some fabbo stamps to share. And since Friday is just a few short days away (wink, wink) I thought I would share a sneaky peeky of one of the sentiments. This card will be going to a fun sketch blog called Retro Sketches.

Here's the sketch...


And my take on it...


So what do you think? Definitely a little more "shabby" than normal...but oh so fun to make! My dear friend and fellow DT member, Sabrina, sent me these lovely dress forms a while back. I inked this little gem up with Memento Tuxedo Black ink (directly from the ink pad) and allowed it to dry thoroughly. I then added some Ranger Distress Crackle Paint (Rock Candy) to the base and neck and let it dry. Once it was all cured, I glued on some burlap (Modge Podge) and trimmed it to the form. I added a twine rope at the waist with a tiny cream mulberry rose. My little dressform needed some bling so I added some Recollection pearls! The card base is plain black CS with a layer of distressed Prima Almanac DP. I inked all the edges with Ranger DI (Walnut and Tea Dye Stains) before crinkling, wrinkling and otherwise tearing it to shreds. Once it was "shabbylicious" I glued it to my card stock. The base for the dress form is kraft paper inked on the edges with the above mentioned Ranger stains. I also stamped ODBD's Time image randomly with the Walnut Stain. I didn't reink each time I stamped as I like that 2nd and 3rd generation print I get without it. The final touch... I stamped the sentiment (ODBD's to be released set, Bicycle) with Versafine Onyx Black. I added a hole punch and tied a piece of jute ribbon through the top. After placing the dressform where desired with dimensional foam I added it to the card. I also tucked a bit of ecru lace under the kraft panel for a feminine flourish.

So here's a closer view...


Thanks as always for stopping by and until next time... blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe

Stamps - ODBD - Time, Bicycle (release date June 1st)
Paper - Kraft - Paper Studio, Colorbok, Prima - Almanac
Inks - Ranger Distress Ink - Walnut Stain, Tea Dye; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Paint - Ranger Distress Paint - Rock Candy
Misc. - Jute Ribbon, Twine, Mulberry Rose, Pearls - Recollections, Burlap, dressform (gifted)

Challenges

Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge 69 - Distress It!
Retro Sketchs - RS13
SplitCoast Stampers - TLC379 - Distressed Edges
Word Art Wednesday - WAW30

10 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oooh burlap I'm crazy for natural fibers!!! What a clever idea to use it for your dress form! Love the distressed shabby look of your card! So glad you played RetroSketches this week Lori!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow -- I never would have thought of using burlap for the dress form, but I absolutely LOVE it!! So very, very pretty!

Gemiel said...

Lori, this is beautiful!!! So perfectly shabby chic. Love the pearls with the burlap. Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO pretty, Lori. I love the dress form as well - what a sweet friend you have to share them with you. The card is shabby and vintage - a look I always enjoy. Thanks for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. I hope you have a very blessed week!
Hugs,
Karen L

Mynn xx said...

Love it!!! Fabulous texture and what a perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Rosemary said...

what a fun card, lori! love the burlap dress form.. great take on the sketch!

krcmasterpiece said...

Dress forms are fun to use! You did a great job. Loving the shabby chic.
Thanks for sharing with us @ Word Art Wednesday.

Tam said...

cool card!

Doreen said...

amazing card - looks so elegnat. Love it
Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
Hugs
Doreen

Feebsy said...

Beautiful card. I love the hessian on the dress form and your shabby chic look is fabulous.

Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...