Monday, June 4, 2012

F4A119, OCCC and NO CRICUT!!! :-(

Update - I was so distraught about my Cricut I forgot today's photo. Oops! I have modified the post... lol...

I apologize in advance to my dear Cricut followers.  You see today is normally the day I have a Cricut post for Exploring Cricut.  Well, my E2 had other ideas!  When trying to update it with the Cricut Sync program last week...  let's just say something didn't sync....  (big grimace)...  So at the moment I am Cricutless (is that a word?) until PC can figure out what can be done (if anything)...  sigh...  So please take a few moments to visit Diane and company today as they showcase the new challenge.  It looks to be fun!  In the meantime, while I am attempting to wean myself away from die cuts, I'll do some stamping.  I sure hope this doesn't mean I have to give up my Spellbinders too!  YIKES!!!

I created this card for SplitCoast Stampers' Friday Free For All Challenge.  Particpants were asked to make something graduation/celebration related but without a cap, gown, diploma, owl...  the normal graduation trappings.  So I decided to go as feminine as possible and make a paper rose for my central embellishment.  Paper punches are my new favorite toy!



The base is white card stock with a layer of pink CS matting.  I embossed my central panel with Provocrafts' Scrollwork embossing folder before adding to the matting with dimensional foam.  I stamped the sentiment on with Versafine ink before cutting/embossing the panel with Spellbinders.  I also added a scalloped die cut matting from the same pink card stock used on the rose.  I made the rose using McGill paper punches and added a bit of Cheery Lynn Designs Flourish die for interest.  I also added some pearls here and there on the frame.  Well, thanks so much for stopping in and until next time...  blessings...

Lori

strong>Card Recipe

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Dreams
Paper - Colorbok, Bazzill
Ink - Versafine - Onyx Black (sentiment); Close to My Heart - Cotton Candy (petal edges)
Embossing Folder - Provocraft - Scrollwork
Dies - Spellbinders - Ovals Large, Scalloped Ovals Large; Cheery Lynn Designs - Fanciful Flourish
Paper Punches - McGill - Paper Blossoms Collection - Rose (3 punch set)
Pearls - Recollections


Challenges

Splitcoast Stampers - Friday Free For All - Congratulations - F4A119
Our Creative Corner - Embellished Frame

6 comments:

MarcyK924 said...

Lori, this card is GORGEOUS! I LOVE how you used that embossing folder as your frame and how you embellished around it. Your flower is breathtaking! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! Hugs, Marcy

Tam said...

pretty!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lori
Wonderful clean card with a beautiful dry embossed frame,and the flower is soft and feminine and altogether gorgeous, it looks amazing.
Thank you so very much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner we are so pleased to see your work.
Smiles:)
Sue

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Very pretty job here! Love the white and pink and the embossing, but the sentiment is perfect...so true! Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!

Holly Barrett said...

Simply beautiful! The embossing is a gorgeous focal point. Thank you for sharing your talent with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--absolutely stunning! I'm wishing I had that embossing folder & the flower is just perfect!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...