Saturday, June 2, 2012

SC387 ~ Congrats on Your Retirement

Do you ever wear a card out? Do you just push the thing around on your craft table until you are sick of looking at it? Do you wonder what you can do differently? I have a terrible time creating retirement cards. You can throw just about any occasion my way and I can cook up a card. But retirements... a whole different story! So with a friend's retirement looming... I took to the craft table and nearly to my bed... lol...

And here's what I came up with...


And I must admit this sketch challenge at SplitCoast Stampers inspired me... (Things are SO MUCH easier when you have a sketch...)


Very clean and very simple. The base is gray card stock with black matting. I pulled a DP from Bo Bunny's Country Garden collection for my background and leaves. The jet flourish is by Zva and pops against the creamy yellow background. Behind my sentiment panel, I added some Spellbinders Foliage leaves with cream and yellow mulberry roses. I also added some black hemp cord tied in a teeny tiny bow. The sentiment I selected may be found in this month's Our Daily Bread Designs' release, Dreams.
.

And speaking of releases... ODBD will be doing a blog hop Friday June 1st featuring their latest releases. And let me just tell ya, they are CUTE!!! I have a darling image on my desk screaming to go on a card... sigh... maybe tomorrow... Until next time... blessings...

Lori

Card Recipe


Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - Dreams
Paper - Colorbok, Bazzill, Bo Bunny - Country Garden
Ink - Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies - Spellbinders - Foliage
Misc. - Flourish - Zva, Black Hemp Cord, Mulberry Roses

Challenges

SplitCoast Stampers - SC387
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes! - Twine

3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgoeus. I enjoyed browsing through and looking at them. I am a new follower. Hope you will stop by when you get a chance.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Esther Asbury said...

What a pretty card! Love that striking black flourish! You did a great job with that sketch!

Tam said...

very nice!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...