Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Little Distressed Tea Cup

I've discovered distress paint!  I find myself slathering it on EVERYTHING!  If the Saints hold still long enough...  JUST KIDDING!!!! 

So when I decided to color this tea cup image I HAD to put Ranger's Distress Paint in Hard Rock Candy all over it!  I love how it crackles and makes the cup look like old china!  To do this, I stamped my image first, colored it with Copics and slathered it with paint.  You need a THICK coat for it to crackle properly.  AFTER curing, I cut it with Spellbinders' Nested Tea Cup die.  Super easy!  For this project, I used a real Wilton doily along with DP by Teresa Collins.  Whatcha think???


A blossom from my stash and some paper punched leaves finish it off! Thanks for looking! Until next time...

Blessings...

Card Recipe
Stamps - Heartfelt Creations - Heartfelt Sentiments & China Fragments
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Paint - Ranger Distress Paint - Hard Rock Candy
Dies - Spellbinders' Nested Tea Cups
Paper - Bazzill; Colorbok; Teresa Collins - Everyday Moments
Misc. - Doily - Wilton; Blossom - stash; Paper Punch - McGill (leaves)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow beautiful card.
dmcardmaker (at aol.com)
(email follower)

Tam said...

sweet card!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...