Saturday, November 16, 2013

Exploring Cricut ~ Burlap and Monograms ~

Good morning!  Thanks for joining me for
another great Exploring Cricut post! 
 
This week I am featuring a home décor project!  I needed a cute garden flag for my front door and since I love burlap I started a search for one.  Unfortunately, the ones I found on Etsy were pretty pricey. I decided to make my own!  So I pulled out my trusty Cricut and went to work!
 
 
I measured out my burlap and cut it to 13 by 17 inches.  I folded one end over about 2 1/4 inches and used a zigzag stitch to secure the sleeve.  I then stitched around the entire project at roughly 1 inch.  I secured Heat & Bond (following manufacturer's instructions) to the back of black felt and used a brayer to secure it to a sticky mat.  I cut the monogram (11 inches) using the multi-cut function to make sure it was cut through.  I then turned the flag over on the back side (on top of the monogram) and used a medium heat iron to heat and secure.  Super easy!  I may try making one of these for my Mom.  SHHH!!!  Don't tell her!  Have a wonderful day!
 
Supplies
 
Cricut Cartridge - Basecamp
Material - Burlap, Black Felt
Misc. - Heat & Bond, Sewing Machine    
 

2 comments:

teachermom5 said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the tips on using felt too.

Sharon said...

This is a fabulous project Lori!! :)

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...