Friday, December 13, 2013

~ Glad Tidings ~

Good morning!  So glad to see ya!  Today, I have a card featuring a new set (new to me) from Close to My Heart.  My dear friend Emily, recently featured this set in our monthly card class and I couldn't wait to crank out some more cards using it! 
 
I must confess this image scared me a bit!  There are certain images that intimidate me!  When you are coloring an image of Mary and baby Jesus...  Somehow I just worry I will never be able to do it justice!  So here it is!  I pulled the fold idea from a recent edition of Cardmaker magazine.

 
There is something about this image that speaks to my heart.  I was never blessed with children but I can only imagine the wonder Mary must have had as she cradled her firstborn.  The questions she may have pondered as she thought about the amazing circumstances of his birth...  The love that only a mother can understand...  This image just cuts directly to my heart on so many levels.  Maybe that is why I worried over the coloring so much...
 
I also added a colored star image from the same set.  I hand cut it after stamping and coloring.  A bit of Stickles adds some bling!  I stamped the sentiment directly on the bottom panel as I couldn't find a die cut that worked!  I wanted the focus to be entirely on the image panel!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Until next time...
 
Blessings...
 
Lori
 
Supplies
 
Stamps - Close to My Heart - Mary and Babe
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics, Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Summer Sky
Dies - Spellbinders Ovals Large, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large
Misc. - Stickles - Star Dust

1 comment:

Mary Mac said...

Oh my! What a magnificent card. A wonderful image, beautifully coloured and YES, I'm certain it will speak to many hearts. You must be thrilled with the finished article - I'm so grateful to you for sharing it with us.

Mary Mac

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...