Sunday, January 5, 2014

Lavender in a Bottle

Good morning!  I hope 2014 is proving to be the best one yet! 
 
A new year gives us a fresh start.  And for me this year has been no exception.  There are some things that I can not change.  Responsibilities at home and at work have increased.   My schedule looks even busier this year than last in many respects.  Even so, I have resolved to make some changes in my life this year.  And one of those changes, or NEED is a craving for a closer relationship to my Savior.  I realized late last year that I was too busy LIVING to really have a LIFE...  so I have prioritized... re-evaluated...
 
This year I plan to take better care of this temple both physically and spiritually.  I plan on slowing down a bit.  You may not see as many blog posts this year.  This is because I want to hear my Lord in the process...  I want to seek His guidance at every turn particularly when I set paper and ink before me...  I want my crafting to be in honor of our Lord and pleasing in His sight.  I want to enjoy the process and use it as a way to praise Him.  I want the final product to SING His praises!!!    
 
I plan on tuning out the world and listening to news/music that honors Him.  I want to dial down the noise so I can hear that soft voice.  God has so much to tell me, I know, and I have been too busy, too loud, too DISTRACTED to hear it...  And I will share more of this journey with you...  I want to give you my thoughts and prayers as I work on each project... 
 
I want this year to be the best one yet.  And if the Lord tarries, when December 31st rolls around I want to feel I am even closer to HIM... 
 
What do you resolve to do this year?
 
So for today's project I chose to work with a lovely bottle stamp from Our Daily Bread Designs.  Fitting, as my prayer this year is to be an empty vessel that our Lord can fill...
 
 
I stamped and die cut the bottle on Copic compatible paper.  I lightly colored the bottle for a soft clear look and then used ODBD's Antique Labels & Border Die to create the custom label.  A band of black grosgrain ribbon nestles under the label.  I added some glitter glue to the colored lavender for additional sparkle.  A tiny white satin ribbon adds a bit of softness to the design.  I offset the bottle for a bit of whimsy! 
 
Now here are the products I used...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and an earlier coordinating release
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Blessings to you and yours as we enter this New Year!
 
Other Products
 
Paper - Georgia Pacific, Neenah Solar Crest, MME Meadowlark
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies - Spellbinders Labels Twenty Nine
Misc. - Ranger Stickles - Lavender, Offray Ribbons

1 comment:

Contagiously Crafty said...

I am so totally looking forward to what year where you focus on Jesus will put you. Less posts that are more closely focused on Jesus... I'm am not only in, I'm excited. I will pray that your faithful seeking Him will encourage and strengthen you and glorify Him!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...