Monday, June 23, 2014

QFTD216 ~ True Friendship ~

Good morning!  It's hard to believe another week is here!  The weather is warm here today.  That makes it the perfect day to stay indoors and craft!  :-)  I have a card to share in honor of this week's Split Coast Stamper Queen for the Day, meisu4.  I chose to use a similar design and weathered DP base as one of her creations.  I sure hope she likes it!

 and a close up of the dies used...
 
I started with a pale pink card stock base (5.5 x 4.25 inch card) and added a bit of Kraft paper.  I used Our Daily Bread Designs' new DP, Blushing Rose Collection for my sentiment panel.  I used ODBD's Vintage Flourish Pattern Die to cut the desired panel and inked up a sentiment from My Friend.  I selected coordinating papers from the collection and created my vase (Decorative Vase Die) and asters (Asters and Leaves Die).  Leftover Kraft came in handy for my vines (Fancy Flourish Die) along with some white CS scraps for other blossoms (Ornamental Crosses Die).  A soft moss green card stock worked nicely for the leaves (Asters and Leaves Die).  I cut my die work out first and positioned it (before adhering) and used a stamp positioner to decide where to position my sentiment.  (A stamp positioner makes it SO much easier...)  Some clear glue and tiny gold micro beads adorn the centers along with tiny black jet beads for the smaller flowers.  And did I mention the distress ink?  I had to ink up my Kraft and DP before placement...  :-) 
 
Here's the items you see used today...









Thanks again for stopping by!  I hope you have a wonderful Monday!
 
Hugs
 


No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...