Thursday, July 24, 2014

~ We Miss You ~

Good morning!  Today, I have a card in honor of a member of our active military serving overseas.  It is so difficult for those who wait at home for their loved one to return.  It is just as hard for the person serving.  I would imagine it is a terrible feeling when you must miss important things like birthdays, anniversaries and holidays.  Some servicemen even miss the birth of their children!  Many men and women are forced to leave their children behind when they ship out.  It is that type of devotion and service to country that demands our continued prayers for them.  For without their sacrifice, we wouldn't be free.  I wanted to create something that would tell this person how much his family misses him and how blessed they feel to be serving at home.
 
I used the individual Alphabet stamps to create my word "bless" and added them to the bottom layer created with the banner stamp from the Patriotic Pennants stamp set.  I used the Patriotic Pennants set to stamp the stars and striped banner and the coordinating die shown below to cut them and the yellow ribbon.  I hope they enjoy sending it as much as I did creating it!
 
 
  

 




 
 


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Until next time...
 
Blessings...
 
Additional Supplies
 
Paper - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Ink - Memento Lady Bug & Paris Dusk
 

1 comment:

Cards By Jan said...

Lori...this is just AWESOME! I love this sets, have them on my wish list...with the alphabet and banners, you can create alot of use!

Perfect card for the troops!!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...