Tuesday, September 16, 2014

ODBD ~ You Can't "Resist" Knit ~

Good morning and welcome!  I pray you had a marvelous weekend and that Monday wasn't too hard on ya!  If you are like me, I spent most of Monday trying to tie up loose ends from the week before.  And one of those loose ends including tidying up my craft desk and lining up a few new "posts" to share.  

Today's card, features a technique I have tried before but decided to revisit with Our Daily Bread Designs' September release.  

I couldn't "resist" it!  
**SORRY**  :-)


This is probably one of my all time favorite passages from Psalms.  When I think about how much love and care God put into his creation and each and everyone in it...  it just takes my breath away!  

I started with a rich blue card stock (4.25 x 5.5 inch card face) and added a slightly smaller white matting.  A bit of blue matting frames my resist panel.  

I used white card stock for my resist panel, stamping both doily images (Doily Blessings and Birthday Doily) with Versamark.  I added white embossing powder and used my heat tool to set the images.  I then pulled out three shades of blue and one green ink and lightly blended the colors over my embossed images.  Once I liked the look, I wiped everything off with a paper towel to remove the ink from the embossed areas.  I trimmed it to fit my final blue mat and VOILA!  

I stamped the sentiment (Hand Knit) on a white panel and outlined it with a sliver of blue CS.  I then stamped, colored and cut my image (also from Hand Knit) on Copic compatible paper.  I used a bit of dimensional foam to make it "pop."  

So here's the products from ODBD you see...





I hope you enjoyed today's technique rewind!  Until next time...

Blessings!!!

1 comment:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you put that sentiment together with the knitting basket!

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...