Friday, March 13, 2015

ODBD ~ Happiness Through Your Door ~

Welcome!  Top of the mornin' to ya!  Do you know that according to data from a 2011 Census 35 MILLION people in the United States claim Irish ancestry???  That means 11% of the ENTIRE population of the United States claim Irish roots!  And it's no wonder!  I have been guilty of a t-shirt or two that sport such phrases as "kiss me, I'm Irish..."  ;-)
 It is just plain fun to sport some shade of green, sing silly songs and eat green eggs!  (Well, maybe I'm pushing the envelope with the green eggs thing...)  You are totally with me, right???  And just for the record, I REALLY do have a bit of Irish in me.  A great-great-great-(WHEW, I know there are a whole bunch of those) grandfather came over from Dublin in 1774.  He was a lace maker by trade and came to the colonies to seek his fortune.  Eventually, he fought honorably in the American Revolution and as his reward received a land grant in the unknown wilds of Kentucky...  How cool is that?  So yes, these IRISH EYES are smilin'!  

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Our Daily Bread Designs' came up with a fabulous set appropriately named St. Patrick's Day.  Here's a card using that very set.


And now that you are humming "O Danny Boy..." here's the set...

H615 -  ST. PATRICK'S DAY

I started with a 5.5 by 4.25 inch white card stock base and added a kelly green mat.  I cut a slightly smaller white card stock panel and scored it on the diagonal every inch.  I inked up the tiny shamrock stamp and using a positioning tool stamped my shamrock in the middle of each panel.  (This part takes a great bit of patience.  And yes, I had to walk away a few times to keep my eyes from crossing...)  I chose a beautiful gold card stock to die cut my base (think pot of gold) and fussy cut the sentiment panel after stamping the Celtic frame and sentiment.  Both layers have a bit of dimensional foam under them for added depth.  I finished up by placing a tiny adhesive backed pearl at each scored intersection.  

And here's a few of the older items I used including my golden layer, a fun favorite of mine...

Vintage Pattern Flourish Die

CSBD56 - VINTAGE FLOURISH PATTERN DIES

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope this post puts you in the mood to dust off your green felt hat and break out fun suspenders.  Hope you find  your pot of gold over the rainbow this week!  

Blessings...

Supplies 

Stamps - Our Daily Bread Designs - St. Patrick's Day
Dies - Our Daily Bread Designs - Vintage Flourish Pattern Die
Ink - Memento Cottage Ivy & Tuxedo Black
Paper - Georgia Pacific, Bazzill
Misc. - Recollections Pearls 

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...