Friday, July 10, 2015

NCC ~ A Shabby Thank You ~

GOOD FRIDAY MORNING!  Are you as excited as I am?  I love weekends!  I have a bit more time to visit my craft room and do a few projects around the house.  Most recently, I have been cleaning out closets for a garage sale.  And even though, it is hard to part with some things (I'm really not going to wear that...) you just have to do it!  But the best part of cleaning out my scrap space is finding items I can re purpose.  Today, I found an old box in my storage closet.  And instead of throwing it away...  I cut off a bit of the card board and ripped it apart to show the corrugation...  I really think the cardboard was waiting to be LIBERATED...  lol

I started with a 5.5 x 4.25 white card stock base and cut my corrugated card board slightly smaller to fit.  I added the lacy frame (Layered Lacey Squares) blinged up with some glimmer mist.  I also found a stash of tissue paper.  So I shredded it to bits...  (a great way to take out your frustrations) crinkled it and added it randomly to the base with glue.  I stamped my images (North Coast Creations' June release Floral Sentiments 7) on white card stock with a rich brown distress ink and fussy cut them to fit behind my sentiment panel.  I die cut my star (also treated with glimmer mist) with ODBD's Sparkling Stars Die.  I then stamped my sentiment (also from NCC's Floral Sentiment 7) on the die.  A bit of randomly glued seam binding and pearl flourishes found their way onto my project along with a fun Kraft die cut bird from Our Daily Bread Designs' Birds and Nest Die.  

So here are the items you see today including North Coast Creations' most recent
 June release, Floral Sentiments 7...


and some items from our sister company





See, a trip down organizational lane can be quite liberating AND productive!  Until next time,

hugs and blessings....


additional supplies

Distress Ink - Ranger Gathered Twigs
Paper - Georgia Pacific, The Paper Studio, Tissue Paper, Corrugated Card Board
Pearl Flourish - Recollections
White Seam Binding
Pearl Glimmer Mist (Star & Layered Frame)

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...