Saturday, October 31, 2015

ODBD ~ No Place Like Home ~

There is no place like home!  About 7 years ago, my Mom moved out of the old farmhouse she had lived in for 42 years.  That old house was the only place I called home.  I've noticed since she left that I don't feel the same I used to.  It's strange not going "home" for Christmas or Thanksgiving.  It's odd not walking the driveway and fields where I grew up.  It seems no matter how busy life became, that place was my refuge...   a place of tranquility...  a place that reminded me of my earthly father.  I remember how the screen door clattered when Dad walked in the door.  I remember how the front stairwell creaked when you were 10 minutes past curfew...  ;-)  

I loved that place.  Somehow, I think heaven will be like that too.  A place where you feel at home...  

Today's card featuring Christmas Card Paper Collection 2015, Christmas Tunes stamp set and the Windowsill Candles Die set...


I used my Scor-Pal to create "bead board" for the bottom of my card.  I stamped the sentiment on white card stock and framed it with a Stitched Ovals Die.  I stamped the mountain view with a soft gray ink and lightly sponged the sky a summer blue.  I cut it down so it fit my Welcoming Window Die with Windowsill Candles Die set nestled on the sill.  

So here are the new items you see...

 


and some old favorites...

 


Thanks for stopping by!  Don't forget to stop back Sunday morning at 8AM to see Our Daily Bread Designs' November release!  

Blessings...

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...