Monday, November 30, 2015

Another Merry Monday!

Welcome!  Today marks my second Merry Monday post.  Thanksgiving is officially over and I suspect many of you are in the process of digging out your Christmas decorations.  We decided to put up a live tree this year as we normally do.  The experience was a bit different this year...  about 3 feet of difference to be exact.  We normally put up an eight foot tree.  This year we decided we need more room for the mass of Christmas ornaments we have collected over the years.  Well, the tree "fainted" twice...  thankfully without ornaments...  SO we had to buy a slightly larger tree stand to accommodate our vertically challenged fir.  SO now I have a lovely tree in my living room with lights...  I am TOO exhausted from the stress of tree catching to put ornaments up.  **I really think I'm still afraid this towering frasier will yell out "timber" and hit the deck...**

Today, I have a fun embossed card to share using a few items from Our Daily Bread Designs' November release...


I started with a burgundy card stock base and cut a slightly smaller DP from ODBD's Christmas Paper Collection 2015.  I used watermark ink to stamp the Snowflake Borders Background image around the edges and added a rich gold embossing powder.  After heating, I distressed the edges and placed it on the base with dimensional foam.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment (The Mighty God) on a bit of burgundy card stock and trimmed it down to the desired size.  I added it with dimensional foam also.  I pulled a bit of gold poster board from my stash and used the new Medium Bows Die to create the faux bow.  

Here are the items you see used on today's project...




and an old favorite...


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Don't forget to come back tomorrow, December 1st, for Our Daily Bread Design's December release and blog hop!

Hope to see you then!

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...