Sunday, January 31, 2016

ODBD ~ Wishing You Were Here ~

A beach would be fabulous right now.  I can almost feel the sand between my toes!  Or maybe that is the dry, cracked winter skin I have right now....  :-(  
So in the meantime, I can take solace in creating cards with a summer  feel.  Here's one using a few of Our Daily Bread Designs' January release items...


I started with a white card stock base and a sunny yellow mat.  I used ODBD's Sunburst Background Die to cut, emboss and color my background.  Two complimentary shades of yellow, lightly sponged on the die before removing, created the lovely sun and rays.  I used ODBD's Leafy Edged Borders Die and a turquoise card stock to create overlapping waves.  I used a couple of sand colored CS scraps, tearing each, and overlapped them for my beach.  I stamped the sentiment from ODBD's Wishing Well directly on the sand and then die cut a couple of flip flops using the Flip Flops Die.  I added a bit of baker's twine to create the thong straps.  

So here are the items you see used on today's card...





Ink - Memento Dandelion, Canteloupe, Tuxedo Black
Card Stock - SU - Sahara Sand, Tempting Turquoise; Georgia Pacific - White

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...