Monday, February 8, 2016

Merry Monday ~ A Flowerpot Card ~

Good morning!  Today, I have a flower pot card featuring some of the items from Our Daily Bread Designs.


I used ODBD's Flower Pot Card to create my card base, adding custom trimmed paper from the new Pastel Paper Pack and lace trim created with the Beautiful Borders Die set.  I lined the sentiment panel (which slides in the pot) with coordinating paper and stamped a lovely sentiment from the new Many Thanks stamp set.  I added a custom blossom created with ODBD's Pretty Posies Die.  I created all of these blossoms and leaves with white card stock and then colored the center of each blossom with a soft yellow distress die and the petals with a rich purple distress ink.  After each blossom dried, I spritzed it with water and then used a mouse pad, shaping tool and my fingers to shape and distress each blossom.  After they dried to the shape I wanted, I glued the desired layers together.  I have one larger blossom on the sentiment panel (which slides into the pot) and two smaller blossoms glued to the pot.  I added a few foliage sprigs from ODBD's Fancy Foliage Die.  I chose a simple sentiment from the Many Thanks stamp set and stamped it on the bottom corner.  A couple of DP scraps and this cute Easter Eggs Die helped create this two layer egg adorning the other corner.  

Here is the card with the sentiment panel removed...


So here are the new items you see from this month's release...


 


 



and a few old favorites...




Thanks for hanging out with me today!  I hope you have a wonderful day.  Be sure to make it a Merry Monday!

Additional Supplies 
Ink - Ranger Distress Inks - Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint, Dusty Concord; Versafine Onyx Black
Papers - Bazzill, Georgia Pacific
Misc. - Seed Pearls, Tombow Aqua Liquid Glue
 

No comments:

Surprise!!! It's Best Bunny!

There is something about Granny Apple Green that just brings a smile to my face!  When the first signs of Spring appear you are sure to see...